Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Inspiration.

I know for a fact, that every woman goes through many trials each and everyday. Whether we are at home or at work, it seems like something is always bombarding us. To find hope, peace, love and assurance in my life and marriage, I turn to God. The most loving being that everyone wants on their side, all powerful, all knowing, and he wants the best for us! Awesome! Thankfully, He gave us something to guide or everyday life...
How can we expect to live for God, claim to love God or Jesus if we don't follow His own words and guidelines? The bible isn't a book of "dont's" but rather a connection to our creator and savior. Everything is put in that book for a reason, and for our benefit!
It is a struggle for most of us to actually set aside time to read the bible, and pray. But I am hear to encourage you to set aside just a little time, with your breakfast or morning coffee, and start reading! One thing that helps me keep track of where I am and what I am thinking is this...
No, I don't write down all my deep dark secrets, but rather thoughts on what I am reading, struggles I may go through, or prayers. It really is encouraging and a helpful tool. If you haven't started a journal, it is not too late! Start reading and writing...It is also a good accountability tool. Because you will feel a draw to write in that journal and spend that quality time with God.

There is a used book store in our library, and I came across this steal for $1!
I am absolutely in love with it. Everyone is struggling with their own battles, and Darrin is my life partner so it is my job to lift him up to the Lord. This really helps know struggles he might face, and has a guided, detailed prayer that I, as a wife, can pray. It is really good reading, too!

So I challenge YOU to open up your heart and mind to God. He is waiting on you!

2 comments:

summer said...

i've always wanted to read this book, mary! now i think i may just have to go out and find it. hopefully our church library will have it!

Andrea said...

ok, i'm freakishly going through all of your posts. i stopped on this one because the Power of a Praying Wife is one of my favorite books. i don't cry very often. and EVERY (and i mean every) time i read that book i end up in tears! sometimes sobbing. it's SO good!

Post a Comment