Saturday, February 28, 2009

watching Alfred Hitchcock

One time, a few months ago, me and Darrin were going through the Oh- so - loved $5 movie bin at Wal Mart. My pick was Alfred Hitchcocks "20 movie classics". Since we have finished our King of Queens, we now have either a black and white SILENT movie on, or just an old black and white movie. I can't believe Darrin likes these! But in fact, he is more into them than I am! Just wish Anna was here to watch them with us!

Here is something I thought of today:

My all time favorite candy is saltwater/ laffy taffy. Hands down. Don't get me wrong, I love all candy (especially good and plentys which I keep a stash of in my kitchen) but TAFFY is my favorite.

Second thing I realized is my go-to flavor is COTTON CANDY. Weather it is gum, ice cream, suckers, taffy or the piece of heaven itself, it is another favorite of mine.

Yesterday was a great day.
Darrin made me breakfast and brought it to me in bead ( he made his specialty; framed eggs. YUM!!)
Then Darrin took me to Tybee Island and we found (ok, I found two) but we found 16 sand dollars! I couldn't quite capture them on a camera, so you can google them. They are so incredible! I am in the process of cleaning, drying and bleaching now. My favorite part was just walking up and down the beach with Darrin, smelling the salty air, feeling the cool water on my feet, and thinking of how incredible God is! I don't know how people can observe nature, and not be in awe of what God has done! Or even think that nature could just happen!

After the beach we came home, I did some laundry and then broke out our new hair cutting kit! Yes, Darrin actually let me cut his hair! And it turned out pretty darn good if you ask us :) We also received some more wedding gifts, and a package from home. Kathy sent us a box of goodies, plus some socks I had left there :D

Darrin made nachos as I cleaned up, and then Blake and Megan came over to eat. Then we all went to river street for dessert, and walked up and down river street. My favorite thing was going on this little tug boat looking thing and going across the river to South Carolina for a little bit.

Well, Alfred is calling my name :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you love cotton candy perhaps you should check out this perfume, Pink Sugar by Aquolina. It is my absolute favorite.

Post a Comment