Thursday, September 2, 2010

They're Coming!

We are having our first, official visitors! Darrin's parents and sisters are coming for the weekend, and I couldn't be more thrilled! One of the downfalls to living 17 hours from home, is that it is so time consuming/expensive to travel! So we are so thankful that they want to come see us!

Here are a few things on the agenda:
* play sand volleyball
* grill out
* feel baby move
* shopping in greenville
* watch the husker game in greenville...yes Kat found a bar that will be showing the game, how awesome is she?
* go for lots of walks
* play games (yessss....I so love games.)
* watch a movie or two
* go swimming
* go to church
I just can't wait...they come in at 11pm tonight!

A little about me: When I know I have special company coming, I go crazy. I mean my apartment is never that messy or dirty,  but I vacuum places I normally wouldn't, I make sure that every room smells good, I bake too many treats, and I make sure every morsel of laundry is clean. This is always the way it was growing up, and so I feel like when people come see me, its deep cleaning time! Who's with me?
With that said, I better go organize my DVD's, clean my lamp bases, and reorganize the pantry.

3 comments:

Anneliese said...

ha! trust me, it doesn't help that you are pregnant! i remember being quite large & scrubbing my tub like there was no tomorrow!

teresa said...

i love this! and love that kathy made sure to find where the party is at! i am totally with you on deep cleaning for company. we have open soffets above the cabinets and i find myself with my head up there making sure the grime is gone ... like who's going to look up there?!

teresa said...

p.s. i love that you love your in-laws. i mean, what's not to love about them? i love mine too and i am so thankful to have such a close relationship with them. so glad you're back! yours and anneliese's blogs are my favorite reads!

Post a Comment