Wednesday, September 15, 2010

a list.

1. This picture was taken exactly 3 years ago, at my favorite place....Ponca! I was attending Grace, and Darrin flew back from school to come on vacation with my whole family. Its when we knew we loved each other, and that we were going to start dating...forever.
2. I am currently reading Romans...and as soon as I put my pen down, I pick it right back up and underline something, or write a thought...I just love when the Lord opens my eyes to things....don't you?!
3. This weekend we will be traveling to Lynchburg, Virginia, more specifically Liberty University. They will be playing this film and Darrin is speaking at it.
4. Baby is moving all the time! It is a very cool feeling...I can't wait to meet him/her.
5. I am trying to cut costs on groceries...what are your suggestions?
6. Fall is slowly pushing out summer hear...and I am loving it! I may have broken out a few fall decorations. We decided that carving pumpkins this year is a must...but I think we will wait until October for that.
7. Did I ever tell you that fall is my favorite season? It is...I love cool weather, any thing with the word "pumpkin" or "spice" in it (even better if used together!) and I love the over all colors of fall. I also love warm drinks, the smell of  bon fires, and a reason to cook/bake warm food.
8. Our stroller arrived yesterday! It, along with its matching play yard and high chair, were on sale last week, so we went ahead and bought them. I am hoping the other two come today!
9. For awhile now, I have been saving my glass jars...I don't know why, they are just too cute to throw away. So I am kind of looking for a way to use them...any ideas?
10. And now I will leave you with a few ways that I have stretched my groceries (for lunch) this week...
* pre - bagged the pringles...actually Darrin did this and it was so cute...exactly into 6 serving sizes...who knew you weren't supposed to eat half that can?
* made ranch dip, and divided it into 11 mini tupperware cups...enough for this week and next week! I also pre washed and bagged the celery for this...
* this is a little crazy, but I pre bagged the bread I will need for sandwiches...only because then I know how much toast I can eat...I mean I love toast, and it was getting out of control!
* made a batch of cookies, and froze half for next week.
* bought just enough peaches needed for this week...it helps me not to eat 4 a day!
This has made throwing together Darrin's lunch so easy! This is his favorite lunch...I love how simple he is! Today I added and Emergenc packet, some new vitamins we are taking, and a coffee mug.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

my grandma always re-uses glass jars as flower vases, and i LOVE that! especially if you can find small ones to put little garden flowers in.

also, you could try making jelly or preserves to put in them!

Anneliese said...

i like hearing about your daily life.

John and Teresa said...

we never had drinking glasses growing up, just used mason jars and i loved it! also, you can use mason jars with lids for gifts of pumpkin bread. you put out all the jars on a cookie sheet, grease, then fill 3/4 full with batter. immediately after baking, you put the lids on and they seal. they keep for several months i think and make cute gifts, especially if you decorate them cute or put a piece of fabric between the lid and the ring. but maybe you aren't talking about MASON jars at all!

Unknown said...

I love those ideas, T! Yes, I do have a few mason jars :) I love them!!

Post a Comment