Friday, October 9, 2009

Good Mornin' Good Mororornin! We Slept The Whole Night Through, Good Mornin', Good Mornin' To You!


Meet my coworkers. My favorite easy-to-find-when-I-leave-it-everywhere-green pen, and my girly-get-the-job-done pink box cutter. I couldn't live without these two at work. I sign my name on papers, batch and post orders, and make orders...I always need my pen...I also open a lot of boxes of things we receive...and my box cutter does just the trick. If I don't have them in my pocket, I feel lost. And at the end of the day, they ride home with me. I love them? 


But before I see these guys...I see this love of my life...


My taste for coffee is backkkkk! Everymorning I make about 4-6 cups of delicious coffee. This mug is my favorite (Thanks Meema!), her red sister is also my favorite...Thanks to Anna, I have the perfect holder for my cinnamon(complete with a mini spoon, yes we stopped in the Goodwill...and thats when we adopted this little gem) and yes, that is an ice-cube floating in my milky coffee...I don't do hot, I don't do cold, I do luke warm (as oppose to Auntie Anne, who microwaves it straight out of the pot!)



Meet my Grandmother (Judy), Grandfather (Mark) and their two daughters. Beth is hiding in the back, and Anne. 
Between Grandfather  and Aunt Beth, I had my very own first cup of coffee at age 6. I remember it like yesterday...I have never gone a moment without feeling completely loved and special by these 4...who are those people for you? Aunt Beth also used to work at a coffee shop, and by age 10, I was certain I would be opening my own coffee/book shop some day...who knows? 
Auntie Anne lives in a beautiful cabin out in the Nebraska prairie, I have decided that it is in my top 5 places to be. My other four? 


1. Grandmothers and Grandfathers house.
2. Meema and Papa's house.
3. The Dicks.
4. Out in Blair at the Dick's camper.


I haven't seen Anna and Shawns new place...but I'm sure I would love it. I also do like my parents house, but there is something about having good memories and even childhood memories in a house...


Toodles.

2 comments:

Anneliese said...

oooooo! that tiny bowl + spoon! i hope you think of me when you are making your coffee just to your taste.

ok. so here's the deal. i should probably announce this on my blog...but...harvest moon is at scooters! haha....but clearly i forced the starbucks girl to make me one :) and i still loved it.

Maryclayre Dick said...

That is hilarious! I did try the pumpkin spice latte at starbucks...it was delicious! really sweet though...

Post a Comment