Saturday, October 10, 2009

Fall?

I believe September 22nd marked the beginning of fall. My favorite season.
Here are some things that for the past 19 years I have loved about (Nebraska) fall.
- raking/playing in the leaves.
- husker football.
- wearing sweatshirts.
- being chilly in the morning.
- apples and apple cider.
- just getting into the swing of school.
- changing out my summer clothes for winter cloths.
- highschool football games.
- homecomming.
- going on walks.
- family dinners.
- just the overall joyous feeling i get from fall.

Now that I married and living in Savannah, my fall is way different. Completely different. I have my home and my mind set up for fall...

- holloween kitchen towels.
- "leaves" wall flowers making the house smell delicious.
- candles everywhere (ohhhh wait, that is a must all year long)
- fake pumpkins scattered around.
- purpleish-black toenails.
- a new fall furniture rearrangement.
- a huge bowl of apples waiting to be made into apple crisp.
- sweatshirt sitting in my car.
- dawgs games.

I even said yes to a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte. Here is the problem. It is 90 degrees outside.  No I am not complaining...but fall just isn't the same. I have been feeling a little homesick lately, and have been really sad about missing Ponca...that is until I received news this morning that it snowed in Nebraska today. and is 26 degrees outside. Hmmmm...ok, I will keep wearing my sundresses and shorts. And be thankful for where God has me...Southern Georgia and not Northern Minnesota. Because I don't like being cold. I just don't.

1 comments:

Anneliese said...

i always forget you live in georgia. well, i forget that you live somewhere where the weather is different than here.

good luck w/ the apple crisp! i know you will love it...you might need a smidgen of vanilla ice cream to go w/ it.

Post a Comment