Monday, March 23, 2009

the SAV

Things I Love About The City God Has Put Me In...

1. I get to be with my loving husband everyday!
2. I have to be extra careful with the storing of food, because chips go stale in 5 minutes here. It keeps me organized :)
3. I love the big old trees that line the streets.
4. I don't have to worry about running into my old Burke High School friends everytime I go to the mall.
5. There are palm trees here.
6. Spanish moss also is in abundance, it hangs from all of the old trees!
7. It is always on the warmer side.
8. I am minutes from the beach.
9. I am forced to go out of my comfort zone and make new friends.
10. God is teaching me so much about leaning on Him, being patient, and being happy.
11. I don't know the city like the back of my hand, so it is fun to find new places!
12. I get letters in the mail almost everyday.
13. When I am mad and talking to Darrin, all I have to do is break out my southern accent and it puts us both in a better mood.
14. I get to shop at Publix, which reminds me of the stores my mom used to shop at when I was little.
15. I have my own apartment that I am inspired to keep clean, so that I don't get any visiting cockroaches.
16. I seem to be the only one who say's "pop" instead of coke.
17. Chick-fil-A
18. SCAD is right down the street...instead of across the country.
19. The air smells salty/musky.
20. I get a great view of my feet everytime I walk in the grass/dirt, making sure to stay clear of fire ants!
21. Sweet tea is always in abundance.
22. Other people also collect light house themed things, not just me!
23. Beautiful pink, and purple flowers line the streets!
24. I am only 1.5 hours from Jacksonville, FL and .5 hours from Hilton Head, NC.
25. Fried Pickles!

Thats all for now :)

2 comments:

summer said...

mary, this is such a great list! i love your perspective on things.
it makes me want to be down south, really bad.
i watched paula deen today & thought of you guys!
how fun to live in such a great city.

Anneliese said...

amen to #4, #16, & #21.

Post a Comment