Saturday, October 16, 2010

Homemade - Part 3

One of my most favorite "seasonal foods that I eat all year round" is acorn squash! Seriously, it is so delish and easy to make! I add a little butter and brown sugar to mine, and am in heaven!
I think the seeds are just as good as the delightful fruit of the squash...I just rinse, dry, season and bake on high for about 20 minutes. Such a crunchy and yummy snack. Of course they are devoured in about .003 seconds...Darrin doesn't like squash, but he loves the seeds! For my seasoning I sprinkle salt, pepper, paprika, garlic and Lawry's...and then top with a light drizzle of oil.
 I don't have a picture of them when they are done, but they shrink up a bit and turn a nice golden brown. Enjoy!

4 comments:

AuntAnneNeemann said...

MaryClayre~Your blog is fun to read!! I can't wait to hear baby girl saying "Mama" in a southern accent!!!! . C U Soon!!AuntAnneNeemann

Anneliese said...

i have never thought to roast the seeds! good idea! for some reason acorn squash reminds me of meema...

Unknown said...

A.A - Thanks! I am so glad you read it, I can't wait to see you in...5 days!!

A. - Yeah, they are like pumpkin seeds, and really good for you! That is funny, it just reminds me of mom.

Kathy said...

I have two on my counter right now that I need to cook up. Miss you!!

Post a Comment