Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Homemade - Part 2

So you know I have been addicted to baking soda, right? Well, I have found many uses for it...brushing my teeth, unclogging the drain, washing off the stove, and my most recent...scrubbing my face! Thanks to my mom, I have a great stash of Mary - Kay face products...but nothing to exfoliate!  So I did a little home remedie and came up with this...
Mary's Homemade Face Scrub
Equal parts ( I did 1/4 cup) of:
- Baking Soda
- Sugar
- Honey
- Oatmeal
- Warm Water
Mix together and there you go! It separates over time, so just mix it up. I put a table spoon in one hand, and used the other to spread it over my face...let it sit for a few minutes and then message in and rinse off! I think it is gentle enough to use everyday...I have been, and my skin looks and feels great! It smells very natural...It may be my pregnancy smell, but the oats really remind me of my old farm days.
For some reason I feel like this outs me on having too much time on my hands...but seriously, it is magical...plus I know whats in it!

3 comments:

summer said...

mary, i LOVE this! i've been doing a baking soda scrub every night for the past couple of weeks and am probably going to do it forever. it's so nice! will definitely have to make up some of your special concoction.

ps. AND the other night i wrote up a post about how much i love baking soda. haven't posted it yet, but i need to. what a coincidence! so happy to be addicted with you.

Unknown said...

Yay, I am not crazy :) Yes, it seriously is great! Do you use just plain baking soda? I keep a little cup with baking soda in my bathroom drawer, and seriously brush my teeth with it about 5 times a day! I just love it...plus it cleans just about anything! Yes, I am so glad we are addicted together! I know Anna is too!

Anneliese said...

HA! summer, you think your addiction is bad now? wait until you are pregnant. for some reason, you just can't get enough! i was continually finding and "excuse" to brush my teeth...my toothbrush loaded with baking soda.

thanks for the recipe, mare. you know i am loving it! i did experience the farm smell the other night. i'm assuming rabbit food is made up of these same ingredients plus maybe some alfalfa.

Post a Comment