Tuesday, May 12, 2009

ouch!

On Monday morning, I reluctantly rolled out of bed, got ready and drove to work. When I got there, something was not right. Then, Ms. Carol told me they couldn't use me anymore, and so I think I was fired. This is my first job EVER being let go. It was weird, but for some reason I am O.K with it! It wasn't my dream job, and to be honest it all was a little shady.
At about 10:30a I decided that I was hungry, so why not eat lunch? I decided to make a grilled cheese sandwich, so I grabbed my velveeta slices, whipped out the Sarah Lee, and was mad because my butter was so cold (I always have a stick out on the counter, nice and soft! But since we had been out of town, all my butter was solid and cold) anyways, I went to cut my butter, but somehow my finger got in the way! Next thing I know, I have cold water running over my finger, and the blood won't stop flowing. I knew that this was the worst cut I have ever had (and I have had many) so I tried to give the blood time to stop, but it wouldn't. I went through 2 huge band-aids, and thats when I decided to call my nurse, Anna. She said to get some guaze and wrap it up good, but I would need Darrin's help...he was about to start class. I by the time I hung up with Anna, the fat in my finger had started to swell and peek out of my cut. So when Darrin got home, he took me to an Emergency Care and they said I would definitely need stitches. I was kind of excited because with a cut this bad, I better have something to show for it! My cut didn't hurt at all, until they started injecting it with numbing stuff, and literally sewing my skin back together. When it was all done, and I had 8 nasty looking stitches, we went to Target to fill my prescription. Now, a day later, my finger still hurts and throbs. So I take 3 different pills. Strong Ibuprofen, and antibiotic, and if it really hurts, a strong pain killer. Well, it really hurts, so I have now (at the appropriate times) taken them all, but the pain killer makes my whole body go kind of numb. It fogs up my brain, and I wonder if it is a legal drug. :) I hope I don't have to take it for much longer.

Here are some pictures.




4 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my word maryclayre! It hurt just looking at it!
Sarah

John and Teresa said...

YOWZERS! You sound like me when it comes to knives.

Anneliese said...

poor minnow. what a bad day! but you are strong and positive! you will be ok! i loves you!

summer said...

OH! mary! you poor girl. i would be freaking out- but you are handling this so well. way to go.

Post a Comment