Friday, May 15, 2009

ah...


One of my dreams has always been to take a rainy weekday and sleep in with my husband. Well, today that dream came true! Darrin got off of work early, at 8:30a, and my walk around lake Mayor with April was canceled. It has been raining since late last night. Darrin turned on King of Queens and in a minute was fast asleep. Now instead of getting up and doing whatever it is I needed to do, I took this time to cuddle up next to Darrin, enjoy the feeling of my new crispy white sheets, and pray. When I can't sleep, I find that that is the time when I utter my most thoughtful and heartfelt prayers. So after a lazy morning of sleeping in and enjoying every minute with Darrin, I am finally up, and Darrin is back at work!

I wish I had pictures from last evening. We went out to, oh man, I don't even know what its called. It is a place where people dock their boats, and you can jet ski and stuff. Its like the little lake that leads to the ocean. Anyways, our friends April and Jared have a jet ski and were taking it for the first ride of the year. Jet skiing in itself is a blast, but imagine jet skiing with two dolphins! It was incredible, we think they liked the noise, because they seemed to follow us! I have to admit, I was a little scared, but in awe of these creature nonetheless.

2 comments:

summer said...

yay for dreams come true. your morning sounds like so much fun, mary! and jet skiing with dolphins?! wow. that is amazing!

Anneliese said...

i think i would be kinda scared of the dolphins. like, they might bite/pinch my arm! or my toe...

new sheets?! i really should get some too!

Post a Comment